Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

Current Underground System mapImage via WikipediaOkay, next project: finding a place to live in Buenos Aires. I've had several suggestions of where to look from friends and colleagues, including the Buenos Aires Herald, Clarín, and a particular apartment-hunter that my roommates used when they lived in Buenos Aires for a month.

Location is a priority. I'm going to spend the evening reading the Rough Guide to Buenos Aires (a great guidebook, by the way--and it was published in May of 2008, so it's the most recent I've seen) to see if I can figure out where all the cool kids hang out. Easy metro access is a must. And we want to be close to the theaters, cinemas, art galleries and museums, since that's where I plan to spend most of my time over the next year.

Judging by our meager budget, I don't know that we'll be able to afford more than a one-bedroom apartment. But it can't be any more crowded than my parents' house when we're all home for Christmas vacation!
Zemanta Pixie

1 comment:

Jaime Chandra said...

more posts! more pics! what is BA like????