Less than 48 hours to go! Mostly I am feeling excited, with sporadic bouts of sheer panic. Above, Dinah and I point across the Gulf of Mexico towards Buenos Aires (feeling excited). Below, Dinah and Nell pose by our "to do" calendar (sheer panic).
The sisters and I have been arguing about how much luggage to take. Dinah and I want to travel with as little baggage as possible so that nothing will hold us back when we want to go volunteer on an organic farm in Patagonia for a month. Nell reminds us that she, for one, wants to have a professional job in Buenos Aires, and that professionals need clothes, shoes, and other things that need to be transported in a suitcase. (Nell also doesn't want to go live on an organic farm. But we'll convince her, in the end.)
Things that my mother and grandmother have recommended we pack, but that we are leaving behind:
1. an electric teakettle
2. a hairdryer
3. airplane bottles of liquor (ok, this is still up for debate)
So we've compromised. The plan is to share one suitcase, and each have a backpack. This may prove challenging, but it's worth a shot. To illustrate our general reluctance to downsize, I can tell you that we are taking three laptops, three bottles of facial moisturizer with SPF 15, and a caboodle. Can we do it? I'll let you know on Wednesday. Or maybe Thursday.
3 comments:
Having packed for extend stay overseas with a back pack. Take a look at the following site. Good way to ween stuff down.
http://www.travelindependent.info/whattopack.htm
Nate
The caboodle got booted.
Shooting photos anywhere near the embassy is a gutsy move. People have been disappeared for less.
Post a Comment