1) Kate and I went to conversation class at the South American Explorers club. After class there were about five of us sitting around talking about our respective adventures in Buenos Aires. It got to that point where we really all should leave and go about our lives but before that could happen Kate said, "So, I think we should all exchange e-mail addresses because we don't know anyone here and I really need some friends." Everyone laughed. Everyone agreed. Everyone exchanged numbers.
And voila, we have friends.
2) Also at the conversation class, Kate got two jobs. One teaching Spanish to someone else in the class, another from the conversation class teacher. He had agreed to give a mother and daughter English lessons before realizing that his schedule was too full, so he was eager to pass the job on.
3) On the way home I found a bunch of particle board in the trash. I've been itching to paint but had nothing to paint on and no money. Now I have free things to paint on. I still have no money.
Addendum:
Nell has pointed out to me that the best day ever apparently didn't involve her at all. This is simply not true. It was also the best day ever because after class we stopped at the bakery in San Telmo where they sell pastries for 1 peso and bought Nell coconut meringues for which she has been on a quest ever since we got here. See, Nell's happiness contributes to best day ever.
1 comment:
More posts? Plz? 4 me?
Post a Comment